Account Executive - Pay
Equals is a 300+ person strong, publicly traded fintech company based in London, UK (LON: EQLS), and is now expanding into the US. We’re building our first US team in Los Angeles and are looking for team members to help us grow.
Equals is a leading challenger in the financial services sector and is dedicated to making managing money as intuitive and simple as possible.
Our services include international payments, corporate expenses, credit facilities, currency cards and travel cash for both retail and business customers.
Equals has been trusted by its 1 million+ customers for more than12 years, and has a 5-star Trustpilot rating.
Why work with us
Equals is a new name for a new vision. Over the last twelve years, as FairFX, we’ve helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. But we're on a mission to do more.
Our focus on fairness and exceptional customer service has cemented relationships with both businesses and individuals, who have turned to us for help again and again. This means we have a very clear understanding of customers’ needs, frustrations, hopes and ambitions.
And this has led us to develop big ambitions of our own - including expansion into the US. Our purpose is to use all our resources and ingenuity to make money as simple as possible for our customers, and to help them get more out of their lives.
What you’ll be doing
Equals Pay is an online platform and currency dealing service for businesses to make payments and manage currency risk. With bank-beating rates and expert support, it’s a transparent, secure and speedy way to pay businesses, both in dollars and in foreign currencies.
It’s a trusted and successful service that Equals has offered for more than 12 years in the UK under the name FairFX. It’s now been completely redesigned and is being launched in the US as Equals Pay.
This role is responsible for both driving new outbound business sales and responding to inbound leads. Via email, cold calling, face to face meetings and networking you will be expected to sell the benefits of the company’s money transfer services and products to senior decision-makers. You will also be responsible to manage and maintain existing relationships along with your allocated foreign exchange dealer once the client is trading.
The core responsibilities include:
- Sourcing new leads, and creating plans with specific time frames to penetrate new accounts
- Maintaining and managing existing and new business pipeline
- Proactively managing your book of registered clients
- Prospecting and contacting decision-makers
- Provide and or coordinate online demonstrations when needed to educate clients and advance sales cycles.
- Onboarding of new registrations and KYC (Know Your Customer) checks
- Compliance with AML (Anti Money-Laundering) and other compliance requirements
- Forging an on-going, profitable relationship with your clients
- Keeping abreast of foreign exchange market trends and sentiment, to keep both clients and prospects well informed
- Attending and actively participating in team and company meetings - both remotely with the UK team and with the US team as it grows
- Meeting and exceeding KPIs as set by your line manager
- Actively taking an interest in learning about new products and approaches to selling them
- Supporting other members of your team
- Occasional trips to London, UK
We’re looking for someone who has
- A self-motivated, creative, and flexible attitude with the ability to perform well under pressure
- 1-3 years experience in sales or account management in fintech, financial services, entertainment finance, foreign exchange, accounting services or other related industries An entrepreneurial approach to building your book of business and a proven record of exceeding sales quotas
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- Demonstrated success in a goal-oriented, highly-accountable sales environment
- Strong communication, organizational and presentation skills with the ability to sell and negotiate at all decision-making levels
- Experience using Excel, Powerpoint, Google Docs
- The ability to think and plan strategically
- Experience in foreing exchange or international payments useful but not required
What's in it for you
- A competitive salary, Company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage, 401K, and other benefits, generous annual vacation and US public holidays
- Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers
- A flexible workplace - we like to say yes
- Amazing office location based in Manhattan Beach
- This is the definition of the ground floor. This role gives you a fantastic opportunity to make a real mark, and help build a culture and create success. We’re just starting out in the US, so you’ll be expected to help grow the business from the ground up, with the backing of an established, successful model in the UK
- Please be aware that we will only consider candidates based in the area
- Note to recruiters:
We have a preferred supply list and use an ATS portal for CV submissions.
Any unsolicited CV's sent directly to hiring managers outside of process will not be subject to a recruitment fee.