Head of Marketing
Work with us
Equals is a new name for a new vision. Over the last twelve years, as FairFX, we’ve helped over a million satisfied customers, move and manage their money. But we're on a mission to do more.
Our focus on fairness and exceptional customer service has cemented relationships with both businesses and individuals, who have turned to us for help again and again. This means we have a very clear understanding of our customers’ needs, frustrations, hopes and ambitions.
And this has led us to develop big ambitions of our own. Our purpose is to use all our resources and ingenuity to make money as simple as possible for our customers, and to help them get more out of their lives. We’ve been doing more than foreign exchange for years, so it’s time for a name that reflects all that we’re doing and all that we’re building.
What You’ll Be Doing
Equals (formerly FairFX) is midway through a major rebrand, reposition & reimagine transformation project. Transitioning from a B2C focused travel money provider to a B2B focused global money management business servicing the SME market. At the same time we are expanding internationally with an acute focus on the US in 2020.
Marketing is a critical business function within the Equals group. A centralised group resource with responsibility across all business lines and markets in the group.
Currently a team of 8 split between Performance, Comms, Campaigns, CRM & Analytics
The overarching goal of the function is to find the repeatable, scalable marketing formula for each business line within the group.
The high level objectives for this role, which reports into the group CMO, are:
- To increase the effectiveness of group marketing activity
- To help shape the group marketing strategy across all markets
- To create a brand experience which breeds advocacy
- To lead, motivate and retain a high performing marketing team
To achieve this you will need to
- Establish and maintain positive relationships and processes between marketing, design, product & engineering teams
- Deliver the customer growth / leads inline with budget
- Be hands on helping us to complete the brand transition
The Head of Marketing is responsible for
- All marketing activity across the Equals group
- All reporting related to marketing activity
- The necessary planning & process improvements to ensure the department is always on the front foot, proactive and prepared
- Acting as the central point of contact for agency relationships
- Day-to-day line management of the marketing team
In addition, the Head of Marketing will be actively involved in and have significant influence over
- The development of group marketing strategy in line with company objectives
- The development of the Equals brand and the associated rebrand transition
To thrive in this role you will
- Be inspired and motivated by big ambitions and the need to think creatively about how to deliver results
- Have a strong background in product marketing, campaign development and optimisation
- Be motivated by a challenge and well versed in prioritisation techniques
- Be able to demonstrate fantastic communication skills and have extensive experience of stakeholder management to C level
- Be comfortable operating with ambiguity
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Have prior experience in the role of Head of Marketing or similar
- Have a solid understanding across all marketing disciplines covering comms, brand, performance and crm
- Have direct experience of working in a fintech, financial services business
- Pride yourself on your ability to communicate both orally and in writing
It would be highly advantageous if you can demonstrate experience of
- Brand development & brand marketing
- Geographic expansion operating a marketing as a global team
- Working with OKRs
What's in it for you
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against a peer group of the most innovative fintech companies in London
- 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
- Tons of opportunities for progression and development
- Company laptop & tech equipment of your choice
- Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool
- Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers
- Regular company socials
- Referral scheme
- A flexible workplace - we like to say yes
Note to recruiters:
We have a preferred supply list and use an ATS portal for CV submissions.
Any unsolicited CV's sent directly to hiring managers outside of process will not be subject to a recruitment fee.