FairFX are now known as Equals.
Over the last twelve years, we've helped over a million satisfied customers, move and manage their money. We’ve been doing more than foreign exchange for years, so it’s time for a name that reflects all that we’re doing and all that we’re building. With intelligent technology, we aim to help customers get more out of their money, business, holidays, and everyday life. From travel money to money transfers, and business finance to expenses -we’re removing the headaches.
Having a diverse team helps us build better products
We come from a variety of backgrounds and passionately believe that bringing different perspectives together helps us understand what our customers need. We have people with technical degrees, non-graduates, people at the start of their careers as well as highly experienced team members. For lots of us this is the first time we have worked in financial services. We're united by one thing - we're passionate about building great products.
We work in small, cross functional squads - forming part of a fun, hardworking and exceptionally supportive team of around 60 engineers. We’re expanding our engineering capabilities rapidly, and we face many interesting challenges as we grow - so there are plenty of opportunities for growth and progression.
Our original tech stack was a Perl based monolith with a Postgres database. We've spent the last year completely rewriting it in a modern, cloud based, micro-services way using Node and a host of native AWS products (Cognito, ECS / Fargate, DynamoDB, S3, API GateWay, Lambda etc etc).
You’re the sort of person who enjoys taking a proactive role in assisting our customer services team , and you have the ability to thrive under pressure and find creative solutions to complex technical problems. You are communicative and social, able to discuss your work with people of varying levels of technical understanding and get excited by the buzz of supporting products that customers love using.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
* Liaise with our customer services team to manage a backlog of support tickets
* Diagnosing and troubleshooting customer's technical problems
* Taking a collaborative and hands on approach to investigating issues, identifying the root cause and providing solutions
* Keep the business informed and communicate to the appropriate teams
* Manage 3rd party suppliers
* Keep record and documentation of issues so solutions are well understood in the future
* Provide domain knowledge across the group, be it product, software, tools and technology
Key skills and experience:
* 3rd line support role solving deep technical challenges
* Experience of SQL and databases
* Linux (being able to parse/search log files)
* Working in a scale up environment, or somewhere with multiple product streams and rapid change
It would be extra awesome if you have experience of:
* ELK stack
* CloudWatch or DataDog
* Experience with any other AWS products
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, and a 90 minute interview. We usually do a very simple task, but there are no trick questions.
This role offers...